Sunday 30 October 2016

Götz Steiff Nadja

THe GOETZ -STEIFF dolls are highly collectible dolls in these days!

Why are these dolls so sought after? Originally they were made in Germany and also only distributed from Germany. I think the first ones were released in the year 2002.
Two long and well established brands - STEIFF and GÖTZ - presented these exclusive dolls (which are handcrafted and of a very high quality) only for a short period.
Like the Steiff -Teddys and other stuffed animals,  the Götz-Steiff dolls got a gold-plated button in their ears. And also the bracelet was made different to the other Götz dolls.

Soon these Götz-Steiff dolls spread all over the world.
Their names are
GISELLE
LEATRICE
NADJA
KATHARINA
NORE
Some of them were released with different clothes.
Nowadays these dolls are very difficult to find and have a high price because they are highly sought after.

As I bought my first one - Giselle in a pink nightgown and slippers - I was very  impressed of the beauty of this doll. I found originally Steiff clothes in blue for her and sewed a dress and a bag.
After a time I wanted to find a dark haired sister for her. As I looked at the different Nadjas which were once released,  I found one, which was immediately my favourite.

I never ever thought,  that she will be offered so soon in an auction . But as she is very highly sought after, I knew, that I must have good luck to win her in the auction.

AND I DID! I am very happy to present you my favourite Nadja today: