Saturday 13 August 2016

Götz ANNA-MARIA 2002 with Steiff Teddy



Anna-Maria is my first doll which is 23 inches tall. I immediately loved her beautiful face. This has been designed by Hildegard Günzel.
When I started to find out something about this doll, I discovered that she was made for a special event! Anna-Maria has been created to celebrate the 100th birthday of the TEDDY-BEAR - as we know him today.

THE FIRST STEIFF TEDDY BEAR WAS BORN IN 1902

Richard Steiff, the nephew of Margarete Steiff, designed the world's first stuffed toy teddy bear with movable arms and legs. This Teddy was called "BEAR 55 PB" and it was made from mohair plush. (Woven fur)
This mohair-plush was produced by the Florweberei Schulte in Duisburg. (I grew up in Duisburg and my grandma used to lived not far from the Schulte- Florweberei-Company.)

This was the birth of the Teddybear! 

GÖTZ ANNA-MARIA WITH ORIGINAL STEIFF TEDDY



was made from Götz for the Steiff-Company. She is a special handcrafted doll and has been created to celebrate the 100th birthday of the Teddybear in the year 2002. 
The doll has been released in a limited edition of 1500. 
Anna is wearing a dress and underwear typical for the year 1902. She holds a miniature teddybear. 



This about 6 inch tall Teddy is a replica of a red-brown Teddybear, released from Steiff in the year 1905,










I have been making Teddybears for 15 years and also red a book about the Margarete Steiff company so I am very happy with Anna-Maria.


I made some different clothes for my Anna - a dress, a knitted jacked and hat.